Description of FIDES methodology
FIDES Guide,global methodology of reliability engineering in electronics, includes two parts :
-a predictive reliability evaluation guide ,
- a guide for control and audit of the reliability process.
Objectives of FIDES Guide are on one hand to permit a realistic evaluation of electronic equipment reliability, including in systems submitted to severe environments (defence systems, aeronautics, industrial electronics, transportation,...) and on the other hand to provide a concrete tool to build and control such a reliability .
Its main characteristics are the following :
- Model existence such as Electrical, Electronical, Electromechanical components or such as electronical cards or some sub-assemblies.
- Getting evidence and taking into account all technological and physical factors which play an identified part in reliability.
- Taking precise account of use profile.
-Taking into account accidental electrical, mechanical and thermal overloads( or overstress).
-Taking into account failures linked with design, production, operation and maintenance processes .
-Possibility to distinguish multi providers of a given component .
Through identification of reliability contributors , being technological, physical or processing, FIDES Guide permits to act upon definitions all over the products life cycle to improve and control reliability .
Objectives and position
The WG objective is to ensure FIDES methodology durability , using its maintenance and design .
The creation of FIDES WG is an opportunity offered to any IMdR member to contribute to design of FIDES Methodology.
WG members may , owing to their contributions ( operational data providing, subscriptions to project, participation to various common works…),enhance methodology, ie : bring complements on families technological in the fields Spatial, Car Industry , Railways, Nuclear…
Among identified actions , the following can be cited:
For maintenance :
- survey methodology models viability
- help methodology implementation
- help traing programmes implementation
For methodology design
- propose new models for technological families excluded
- promote methodology at national and international level
- design practical guides and complementary tools.
- obtain certification for national and international standard of methodology and evolutions
4 Sub working groups have been created:
SG1 : Évolution of FIDES, Proposal of IMDR projects (Pilot N. Guillet MBDA)
- Definition of further needs (components families, leadless treatment ,radiative environment , on-off cycles..)
- Writing of IMDR project proposals de 2009/2010 where important works are concerned (call for subscription)
SG2 : Promotion of FIDES at international level ( Pilot M. Giraudeau Thales Aerospace)
- FIDES promotion actions (contracts; communications…)
- international standardization of FIDES
SG3 : Going along with methodology ( Pilot F. Davenel CELAR)
- Use of lambdas year-based, equipement robustness , model validation, reset with field experience…
- Application of reliability process control and audit guide
SG4 : Application of FIDES to various domains (Pilot: E. Vergnault CNES)
- Spatial, Car, Railways… (identification and treatment of specificities)
Should you wish to contribute, please contact the WG animators : Michel Giraudeau ou M. Nicolas Guillet