Owing to the help of 14 major industrial groups* , the Institute for Risk Management and dependability (IMdR-SdF) succeeds on July the first, 2002 to the Institute for dependability (ISdF, part of French Movement for Quality). Its competence field is extended to Risk Management.
During 2006 summer, the European Institute for Cindynics (IEC) joins IMdR-SdF to form the present IMdR.
As a reference actor, the Institute vocation is to help companies and public bodies to adopt, face to risks, a preventive approach as to correctly identify, evaluate, quantify, order and manage feared events.
This approach aims to be systemic and global.
* AIR LIQUIDE , CEA, CNES, DASSAULT, EADS, EDF, LIGERON, PSA, RATP, RENAULT, SNCF, TECHNICATOME, THALES, SCHNEIDER
- capacity of getting together : experience acquired by previous ISdF and IEC in gathering several companies around studies they have selected themselves guarantee a sharing of knowledge, a least financial investment and creation of partnership links. .
- Approach of survey and benchmarking : to know other technical areas methods and post severe events analysis is always a way of improvement. The IMdR competencies in field experience are offered to the companies.
- Experts network : IMdR relies upon the high potential existing, in matter of dependability and cindynics, in Industry as well as in University laboratories.
- The technical informations center : owner of an important library constituted after many a year of studies related to dependability, risk management and cindynics, this center offers free consulation of books as well as possible orientation towards more specialized sites.
- Opening to Europe :by contacts with European associations dealing with the same subjects.
- To guide activities of working and thinking groups towards major themes corresponding to strong stakes, registered in companies and dealing with risk prevention : risk perception and acceptation, risk management, civil responsability and penal liability, crisis management, severe accidents benchmarking, registering and study of new risks such as data processing risk, industrial plants vulnerability,...
- Strengthen working groups (in particular methodological research and field experience) upon sujects dealing with competitiveness : products and plants quality , reliability, availability, logistic support, life duration, environnmental impact, global cost,…
- Propose common studies in order to put together needs and efforts along two axes : research studies to enrich knowledge bases; knowledge developmment studies within companies and public bodies ,
- Organize demonstrations in order to promote risk management.